Choreographer Wade Robson reportedly suffered a “nervous breakdown” in 2011, before alleging for the first time that he was abused by Michael Jackson for seven years, during therapy, according to a new report.
The child star, who stayed at the Thriller star’s Neverland ranch several times during the late eighties and early ninties, claimed in court documents last week he had been molested by the star. Multiple sources are claiming the abuse only came to light after Wade suffered a “complete mental breakdown,” in 2011, TMZ claims,having “repressed” the seven years of alleged abuse until then.
Insiders reportedly claimed Robson was struggling in 2010, with problems coming to a head in March 2011, with the choreographer, who has worked with the likes of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato experiencing a “deliberating nervous breakdown,” which led his career to take a sudden turn for the worse as he struggled to fulfill work commitments.
Following the breakdown the Australian reportedly went to a psychiatrist for several weeks, the source revealed, in which time he alleged that Jackson had abused him from the age of 7 to 14.
The sources, close to Robson’s family claim he decided to file the lawsuit shortly afterwards. While he has not been working since the breakdown, the close sources insist money is not the motivation for filing the suit, claiming he has “substantial savings”.
Jackson with Wade Robson when the alleged abuse took place (Splash News)
Robson filed the suit last Wednesday in Los Angeles, under the seal, which means details of the lawsut will not be made public. In it, sources claim, the 30 year-old reportedly revealed in detail the alleged abuse he suffered at the hands of the star, described as an “unfiled complaint for childhood sexual abuse,” as well as details of a psychiatrist who has since treated him, TMZ reported.
Responding to the recently filed suit Jackon’s lawyer Howard Weitzman told the website: “Mr. Robson’s claim is outrageous and pathetic. This is a young man who has testified at least twice under oath over the past 20 years and said in numerous interviews that Michael Jackson never did anything inappropriate to him or with him.”
“Now, nearly 4 years after Michael has passed, this sad and less than credible claim has been made.” Adding: “We are confident that the court will see this for what it is.”